Филмски цитати

Saladin

Unbaised
Член на администрација
17 февруари 2012
Normandy
Steve Lopez: "Points West" by Steve Lopez. A year ago, I met a man who was down on his luck and thought I might be able to help him. I don't know that I have. Yes, my friend Mr. Ayers now sleeps inside. He has a key. He has a bed. But his mental state and his well-being, are as precarious now as they were the day we met. There are people who tell me I've helped him. Mental health experts who say that the simple act of being someone's friend can change his brain chemistry, improve his functioning in the world. I can't speak for Mr. Ayers in that regard. Maybe our friendship has helped him. But maybe not. I can, however, speak for myself. I can tell you that by witnessing Mr. Ayers's courage, his humility, his faith in the power of his art, I've learned the dignity of being loyal to something you believe in, of holding onto it. Above all else, of believing, without question, that it will carry you home.

Altaïr

Shinigami
23 јули 2012
Han Wavel
Сите ќе умрете. Некои после некои сега.
Знам, сега ми кажа директорот.

Викенд на мртовци. :)

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Io Sono

Marcello

Староседелец
17 декември 2014
842952_10151517622776177_1846919701_o.jpg

798354_10151515355776177_1516592114_o.jpg

MissChievous

Ingenious
17 февруари 2012
Huntington Beach, California
silence-all-i-want-to-say.tumblr.com
I Origins:

Ian: I don't believe in luck. I do believe we've known each other since forever, though.
Sofi: Really?
Ian: Yeah. You know how? When the big bang happened, all the atoms in the universe, they were all smashed together into one little dot that exploded outward. So my atoms and your atoms were certainly together then, and, who knows, probably smashed together several times in the last 13.7 billion years. So my atoms have known your atoms and they've always known your atoms. My atoms have always loved your atoms.

Sofi: Do you know the story of the Phasianidae?
Ian: The... No, what's that?
Sofi: It's a bird that experiences all of time in one instant. And she sings the song of love and anger and fear and joy and sadness all at one. And this bird... when she meets the love of her life... is both happy and sad. Happy because she sees that for him is the beginning, and sad because she knows it is already over.

Sofi: Why are you working so hard to disprove God?
Ian: Disprove? Who proved that God was there in the first place?

Priya Varma: You know a scientist once asked the Dalai Lama, "What would you do if something scientific disproved your religious beliefs?" And he said, after much thought, "I would look at all the papers. I'd take a look at all the research and really try to understand things. And in the end, if it was clear that the scientific evidence disproved my spiritual beliefs, I would change my beliefs."
Ian: That's a good answer.
Priya Varma: Ian... what would you do if something spiritual disproved your scientific beliefs?

Sofi: How many senses do worms have?
Ian: They have two. Smell and touch. Why?
Sofi: So... they live without any ability to see or even know about light, right? The notion of light to them is unimaginable.
Ian: Yeah.
Sofi: But we humans... we know that light exists. All around them... right on top of them... they cannot sense it. But with a little mutation, they do. Right?
Ian: Correct.
Sofi: So... Doctor Eye... perhaps some humans, rare humans... have mutated to have another sense. A spirit sense. And can perceive a world that is right on top of us... everywhere. Just like the light on these worms.

Luckky

Upright
22 февруари 2012
Western Sky, Land of Oz.
Dead Poets Society

Keating:
The picture of Uncle Walt up there. What does he remind you of? Don't think. Answer. Go on.
Todd: A m-m-madman.
Keating: What kind of madman? Don't think about it. Just answer again.
Todd: A c-crazy madman.
Keating: No, you can do better than that. Free up your mind. Use your imagination. Say the first thing that pops into your head, even if it's total gibberish. Go on, go on.
Todd: Uh, uh, a sweaty-toothed madman.
Keating: Good God, boy, there's a poet in you, after all. There, close your eyes. Close your eyes. Close 'em. Now, describe what you see.
Todd: Uh, I-I close my eyes.
Keating: Yes?
Todd: Uh, and this image floats beside me.
Keating: A sweaty-toothed madman?
Todd: A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds my brain.
Keating: Oh, that's excellent. Now, give him action. Make him do something.
Todd: H-His hands reach out and choke me.
Keating: That's it. Wonderful. Wonderful.
Todd: And, and all the time he's mumbling.
Keating: What's he mumbling?
Todd: M-Mumbling, "Truth. Truth is like, like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold."
[The students begin to laugh and Todd opens his eyes. Keating quickly gestures for him to close them again]
Keating: Forget them, forget them. Stay with the blanket. Tell me about that blanket.
Todd: Y-Y-Y-You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. You kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying to the moment we leave dying, it will just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Keating: Don't you forget this.

They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Don't be resigned to that. Break out! Break out! Now is the time!

Keating: "Seize the day. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may." Why does the writer use these lines?
Charlie: Because he's in a hurry.
Keating: No. Ding! Because we are food for worms, lads. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold and die.

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Lady*, Outrider and Saladin

Io Sono

Староседелец
27 јуни 2015
A Galaxy far, far away...
"My father thought me, right here in this room: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

Мајкл Корлеоне, Кум 2.

А многу подоцна:

"They say a man should keep his enemies closer"

"-Whoever said that didn't had many enemies"

Џон Сноу и Станис Баратеон, ГоТ.

Станис очигледно во право.

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Altaïr