Извадоци од книги

violetmoon

Модератор
Член на администрација
11 декември 2012
„Секој човек си го планира некако животот. Но никој не знае кај згрешил кога ги повлекувал правите и криви линии, допирните точки, острината на аглите. Не може ни со сигурност да се објасни кај му измрдала либелата. Можеби некој ден ќе го открие тоа, но ќе го открие кога не ќе може нешто да измени”.

„Се плашам да не догорело жарчето што се одржуваше во нашите очи и што не ги оставаше да се разминат никаде. Зашто ако еднаш се разминат, не чекај повторно да се сретнат. Ќе видиш само дека некаде си го потрошил животот. А не знаеш ни каде, ни со кого. Не му го гледаш дури ни дното“.

Тунел- Перте М. Андреевски

Saladin

Unbaised
Член на администрација
17 февруари 2012
Normandy
“And if you wish to receive of the ancient city an impression with which the modern one can no longer furnish you, climb--on the morning of some grand festival, beneath the rising sun of Easter or of Pentecost--climb upon some elevated point, whence you command the entire capital; and be present at the wakening of the chimes. Behold, at a signal given from heaven, for it is the sun which gives it, all those churches quiver simultaneously. First come scattered strokes, running from one church to another, as when musicians give warning that they are about to begin. Then, all at once, behold!--for it seems at times, as though the ear also possessed a sight of its own,--behold, rising from each bell tower, something like a column of sound, a cloud of harmony. First, the vibration of each bell mounts straight upwards, pure and, so to speak, isolated from the others, into the splendid morning sky; then, little by little, as they swell they melt together, mingle, are lost in each other, and amalgamate in a magnificent concert. It is no longer anything but a mass of sonorous vibrations incessantly sent forth from the numerous belfries; floats, undulates, bounds, whirls over the city, and prolongs far beyond the horizon the deafening circle of its oscillations.

Nevertheless, this sea of harmony is not a chaos; great and profound as it is, it has not lost its transparency; you behold the windings of each group of notes which escapes from the belfries. ”
― Victor Hugo, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame

MissChievous

Ingenious
17 февруари 2012
Huntington Beach, California
silence-all-i-want-to-say.tumblr.com
Но тогаш играа на улицата како кловнови, а јас трчкав зад нив како што правев сиот свој живот со луѓето кои ме интересираа, зашто единствените вистински луѓе за мене се лудаците, оние кои се доволно луди да живеат, луди да зборуваат, луди да бидат спасени, желни за се во исто време, оние кои никогаш не зеваат ниту кажуваат општи места, туку горат, горат, горат како спектакуларна огнометна ракета што експлодира налик на пајак преку ѕвездите, а во средината може да се види татнежот на сината централна светлина, кога човек мора да каже "Аууу!". - Џек Керуак, На Пат

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Saladin

Saladin

Unbaised
Член на администрација
17 февруари 2012
Normandy
Неколку цитати од „Осаменоста на простите броеви“ од Паоло Џордано.

“People took what they wanted, they clutched at coincidences, the few there were, and made a life from them. . . . Choices are made in brief seconds and paid for in the time that remains.”
___

“Prime numbers are divisible only by 1 and by themselves. They hold their place in the infinite series of natural numbers, squashed, like all numbers, between two others, but one step further than the rest. They are suspicious, solitary numbers, which is why Mattia thought they were wonderful. Sometimes he thought that they had ended up in that sequence by mistake, that they'd been trapped, like pearls strung on a necklace. Other times he suspected that they too would have preferred to be like all others, just ordinary numbers, but for some reason they couldn't do it. This second thought struck him mostly at night, in the chaotic interweaving of images that comes before sleep, when the mind is too weak to tell itself lies.”
__
“Mathematicians call them twin primes: pairs of prime numbers that are close to each other, almost neighbors, but between them there is always an even number that prevents them from truly touching. Numbers like 11 and 13, like 17 and 19, 41 and 43. If you have the patience to go on counting, you discover that these pairs gradually become rarer. You encounter increasingly isolated primes, lost in that silent, measured space made only of ciphers, and you develop a distressing presentiment that the pairs encountered up until that point were accidental, that solitude is the true destiny. Then, just when you’re about to surrender, when you no longer have the desire to go on counting, you come across another pair of twins, clutching each other tightly. There is a common conviction among mathematicians that however far you go, there will always be another two, even if no one can say where exactly, until they are discovered.

Mattia thought that he and Alice were like that, twin primes, alone and lost, close but not close enough to really touch each other. He had never told her that. When he imagined confessing these things to her, the thin layer of sweat on his hands evaporated completely and for a good ten minutes he was no longer capable of touching anything.”

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Luckky

MissChievous

Ingenious
17 февруари 2012
Момците и девојките во Америка многу тажно се забавуваа; некаква софистицираност бараше веднаш да се препуштат на секс без соодветен воведен разговор. Не додворување, туку вистински, прав разговор за душата, затоа што животот е свет и секој миг е драгоцен. - Џек Керуак, На Пат

Последна промена:
  • Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Saladin and Ditto+Maker

Saladin

Unbaised
Член на администрација
17 февруари 2012
Normandy
“Atticus said to Jem one day, "I’d rather you shot at tin cans in the backyard, but I know you’ll go after birds. Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit ‘em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird." That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. "Your father’s right," she said. "Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corn cribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- Atticus Finch”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

• Ми се допаѓа
Реакции: Luckky and MissChievous

MissChievous

Ingenious
17 февруари 2012
Јас и Карло Маркс еднаш седевме соочени еден карши друг и му го раскажав сонот за чудниот Арапин кој ме гонеше низ пустина; се обидував да му избегам и најпосле ме стигна пред да се доберам до Заштитничкиот Град. "Кој може да биде тоа?" рече Карло. Размислувавме за тоа. Предложив дека тоа сум самиот јас, носејќи наметка. Но не беше така. Нешто или некој, некој дух не гонеше сите нас низ пустината на животот и успеваше да не зграпчи пред да се добереме до рајот. Кога сега ќе погледнам наназад, ми изгледа сосема природно тоа да биде само смртта: смртта ќе не стигне пред портите на рајот. Единственото нешто по кое копнееме додека сме живи, кое не тера да воздивнуваме и да јачиме, да трпиме секакви слатки маки, е сеќавањето на некое изгубено блаженство кое веројатно сме го искусиле во матката и кое може единствено да се повтори (иако тоа мрзиме да го признаеме) во смртта. Но кој сака да умре? Во брзиот след на настаните со еден мал дел од свеста продолжив да мислам на ова. Му го кажав сонот на Дин и тој веднаш во него препозна проста желба за чиста смрт; а бидејќи само еднаш се живее, тој, природно, не сакаше да има ништо со тоа, и јас тогаш се согласив со него. - Џек Керуак, На Пат

Saladin

Unbaised
Член на администрација
17 февруари 2012
Normandy
This is what separated us from you; we made demands. You were satisfied to serve the power of your nation and we dreamed of giving ours her truth. It was enough for you to serve the politics of reality whereas, in our wildest aberrations, we still had a vague conception of the politics of honor, which we recognize today. When I say “we” I am not speaking of our rulers. But a ruler hardly matters. ...This is what separated us from you; we made demands. You were satisfied to serve the power of your nation and we dreamed of giving ours her truth. It was enough for you to serve the politics of reality whereas, in our wildest aberrations, we still had a vague conception of the politics of honor, which we recognize today. When I say “we” I am not speaking of our rulers. But a ruler hardly matters. ...

Албер Ками - Писма до еден германски пријател